September 24, 2017, 09:43:37 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros 442 v1: max size of SD card?  (Read 7064 times)
vascodiaz007

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

Hi,

Just wondering as I couldn't find it in Neuros-specs, nor this forum:
What is the maximum size of the SD Card to be used, in order to still be read (properly) by the Neuros 442 v1?
I'd guess it reads FAT16, and hence the max size would seem to be 2Gb... but I'd like to know for sure before buying a card. Also, do ultra-speed cards operate properly, or rather skip those as they are useless in combination with Neuros 442...

Regards.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:37:16 am »

As long as the card isnt a high speed or high capacity card, any size up to 4Gb should work.  We havent tried any new cards lately with the 442.  But i would buy a good 2Gb from Best Buy or Circuit City.  Do not buy any memory cards from Ebay, since the majority of them are fake.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
vascodiaz007

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:47:20 am »

Thanks. I'm not sure naming brand/type is OK with this board (moderator, please remove posting if this is not the case). I have bought a Transcend 4Gb SD Card, with the description "Normal Speed" on it. The instructions read that this is a SD Card with MLC Flash (and not SLC-Flash, for the Hi-Speed ones) inside. Transcend Partnr is: TS4GSDC.

This one seems to work fine; I have formatted this Card with the FAT32 filesystem. I have not (yet) crammed it full to the 4Gb limit however.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 03:56:54 pm »

No, its fine to name the brand, actually it will be beneficial to other users who do their research.  Well thats good that it worked out, and formatting the card before you use it is always the best thing to go.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: