September 24, 2017, 09:43:45 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I love my 442, but issue w/ recording  (Read 6109 times)
thatonedude

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:03:43 am »

Hello everyone,

I really like my 442 but the biggest complaint I have with it is that I am not able to record more than 30 minutes at a time.

Can I adjust this somehow?  It's got plenty of hard drive space left, and I let it warm up for a few minutes before I start to record.  During recording time the device does not even get hot, kind of lukewarm, but it just stops after 30 minutes of recording.  I'm a bit puzzled.  I do leave it running on on the power adaptor to avoid running out of power during the process - I'm not trying for a marathon here either, just an hour, just a show, commercials and all.  It couldn't be the filesystem on the drive itself, even FAT32 supports a maximum size of 4GB per file.  These files don't even come close to that.

Thoughts?

My thanks
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 12:18:05 pm »

Okay, when you go into PVR mode, press the menu button, you will get some options.  If you scroll down to Rec Time, thats the timer.  You can go anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
thatonedude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 05:48:59 am »

Okay, when you go into PVR mode, press the menu button, you will get some options.  If you scroll down to Rec Time, thats the timer.  You can go anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours.

Well... now I feel like a goof!  Such a simple solution.  Thank you so very much for your help and time.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:52:51 pm »

Its no problem, sometimes its the simplest things that can be hard at times.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: