March 25, 2017, 08:35:11 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: more than 2 hour  (Read 8004 times)
osquiabro

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:07:01 pm »

this is the max for recording?? i have the last version of fimware but when go to 2 hours neuros stop and start again with other name...
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:01 am »

Unfortunately, there is no firmware upgrade for that, the 2 hour limit is a hardware issue. 

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
osquiabro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:42:13 pm »

problem resolve with OSD Firmware Release 3.31-1.68(Beta).

http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/945
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 11:11:43 am »

Oh, you have an OSD.  I am sorry, i thought you had a Recorder 2, since this is the Recorder 2 section. 

Uncle Ben
nycbicycle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:45:43 pm »

if you use a  8 or 16 gd cg card, would it record in 2hours increment? recorder 2 +2 .
i thought i read somewhere that it will START a new file after 2 hours, but continue to record
?
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:33:03 am »

Well with the Recorder 2, you are correct, the recording will not stop until you manually stop it, or the storage is completely full.  You will get several 2 hour files, as many as the card can take.  With the OSD, that time limit has been increased from 2 hours to 4 hours/4GB, whichever comes first.

Uncle Ben
scaffolderus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 06:23:04 am »

Guys -

if you're recording for use on PSP, later versions of PSP firmware allow for sequential continuous playback of files, so if you've got a three hour film split between two files (named sequentially obviously e.g. Terminator 2a.mp4 and Terminator 2b.mp4)  the PSP will play the two files without a break.  Noticed this accidently the other evening  - there is a slight jump in playback but it's not that obvious.  The two-hour limit isn't an issue for me anymore.

Cheers!

Add/ wouldn't it be nice if those kind Sony people had revised their software knowing the limitations of the Neuros kit?  Mmmm... I've just stepped into a parallel universe
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 10:14:04 am »

Thanks for the feedback.

Uncle Ben
niles46

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 11:42:51 pm »

I'm a new Recorder 2 Plus user, so maybe I don't really understand the question.  I upgraded to V02.00.0022 and in the Record Menu, the Quick Setup allows me to toggle between one - two - three hours.  I've never made a recording over two hours but I always assumed this was length of recording.  Isn't it?  Or is this just a cruel joke by Neuros, letting us just THINK we can record over two hours.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:48:15 pm by niles46 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: