September 21, 2017, 02:35:46 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NSM Woes  (Read 3650 times)
blaineb(at)sfcn.org

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:54:08 am »

I've been doing quite a lot of work lately in Neuros Synch Manager v1.54 since I'm rearranging all of my tracks.  I've got an 80 GB Neuros II and I'm running about 18,000 tracks on it. 
My biggest problem at the moment is that when I'm trying to delete an album or even an individual track, NSM hits the CPU at about 98% and never quits.  I've left it to run for an hour, but it never stops--it's just accessing the CPU.  I eventually have to kill the process in Task Manager.
The problem leads me to my next complaint at why I have to delete an album in the first place.  I'm in the process of putting better titles on some of my audio books. The track title was Book Title (1) and I want to change it to Book Title (1 of 20).  The only way I can get that change to reflect on Neuros (at least as far as I know) is to delete the tracks from Neuros,  delete the tracks from NSM, change the MP3, re-add the tracks to NSM, then re-add to Neuros.  That's about as clumsy as it gets.
And while I'm on a general gripe session, NSM seems to be abysmally slow when switching between albums or in general doing anything.  I can count on a minimum of an hour to synch when adding a new album, with 95% or more of that time spent rebuilding the databases.
Are there any plans to rework the NSM for efficiency?  I thought I had seen the source for NSM available somewhere.  Is it still?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:06:18 am »

If you're having issues with NSM, try switching to http://neurosdbm.sourceforge.net/.

It doesn't keep a database of everything on the computer, you just use a file open dialogue to pick the files you want on the Neuros, and it'll copy them over and add them to the database.  You can also direct-edit the entries yourself (Does not change the file tag, does change the entries in the menu), or hand-copy the files to the Neuros and effect a "Rebuild".
blaineb(at)sfcn.org

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »

Alas, I've tried this product.  Several times.  I've never been able to get it to run.  It locks up on the splash screen and doesn't go any further.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: