October 18, 2017, 08:12:42 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 4 video feeds into one R2 recorder  (Read 2371 times)
Ex-Navy

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:58:22 pm »

Have you ever wanted to have 4 video cameras or 4 channels of video fed into 1 recorder??

Steve at Xavien made this beautiful little unit (back sawed off so you can see it).

Take 4 bullet cams, mount them in your race car.

Take your R2, mount it anywhere.

Take this unit, plug in your video feeds, and take the output to the R2.

You now have 4 channel video feeds  into 1 input. The 4 video feeds can be set (dwell time) to stay on that particular camera.

Scenario:

Use 2 bullet cams, one facing front, the other facing back.

Set up camera 1 (front) feed to record for 30 secs.

Set up camera 2 (back scene)  fee to record for 15 seconds

Select automatic and the X-QVC-EM will automatcally feed the R2 with 30 seconds of front view, the 15 seconds of back, and it will loop this way
until it's stopped.

The box he selected in perfect size for the R2 pcb as shown

Great job Steve!!

www.xavien.com

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:01:57 pm by Ex-Navy » Logged

Ex-Navy
patch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 10:23:33 pm »

OK i'll bite

How is the switching set to just 2 cameras with 4 inputs?

How is the selection from front to rear varied at different rates 30 sec to the front 15 to the rear?  I see only 1 dwell knob.

The Pictures you posted (Thank You) pose even more questions (picture worth a thousand words) or in this case questions.

1. the blue RCA is video out?  I noticed the AV plug in the Neuros has been removed.  Any details, any cautionary tails as this is something I want to do when I fix my toaster (previous Post - Too much Juice - be careful of voltage)

2. the led lights are gone?  Grass hopper wants to know Why?

More annoying questions to come if you?re up for it.

Passing thought/Teaser  PIP  (picture in picture)

Oh and I agree it is a great job and thanks for sharing it

Love this place Patch

Patrick
Ex-Navy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 01:37:31 pm »

How is the switching set to just 2 cameras with 4 inputs?

The 2 camera scenario is just that, if you only want to connect 2 cameras, lets say 1 to 1, second to 2, then you can.

How is the selection from front to rear varied at different rates 30 sec to the front 15 to the rear?  I see only 1 dwell knob.

If camera 1 is pointed front, set it's dwell time to be 30 secs. Camera 2 is pointed rear, select camera 2 and set it's dwell time to 15. Then select Automatic.

The Pictures you posted (Thank You) pose even more questions (picture worth a thousand words) or in this case questions.

1. the blue RCA is video out?  I noticed the AV plug in the Neuros has been removed.  Any details, any cautionary tails as this is something I want to do when I fix my toaster (previous Post - Too much Juice - be careful of voltage)

The R2 in the picture was a PCB that was used for another project. I used it solely to demonstrate the size of the box and that all components could go in 1 box.

2. the led lights are gone?  Grass hopper wants to know Why? I modified this particular R2 pcb for another project. A direct code control without Ir.

More annoying questions to come if you?re up for it.

Passing thought/Teaser  PIP  (picture in picture) Nope, no PIP yet. Jeepers, it's only the first 1..............lol

Oh and I agree it is a great job and thanks for sharing it

Ex-Navy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: