March 25, 2017, 08:30:02 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros Recorder and Bulletcam on motorcycle battery  (Read 4014 times)
Curver

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:18:39 am »

Hi all,

I make motorcycle movies in the Netherlands. Because of this hobby, I always try new things.
Last week, I received the Neuros Recorder II Plus.
Additionally I bought a 8GB Transcend CF card.

In order to be able to film anywhere on the move, I had to connect both the Neuros Recorder II plus and my Bulletcam to the motorcycle battery.
So here's my configuration:

I used two individual Voltage Regulators (DC/DC Convertors) to adjust the voltage to 5V (recorder) and 9V (bulletcam). Mind you that the battery can reach up to 14V, so always use Voltage Regulators, even if you have a battery that already supplies the right voltage.

This solution works perfectly fine, I tried it out several times already. It records consistently, regardless of starting the engine or flashing the lights.

If you intend to use it for the same application, always beware of connecting the right wires!!!

Good luck!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:21:55 am by Curver » Logged
frenque

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:19:15 pm »

I'm also from the Netherlands, but today I failed my motorcycle exams for the second time

during my motorcycle lessons, I've hooked up my Sony superhad bulletcam to my Neuros mpeg4 recorder which is connected to a custom made 5V battery pack. The camera has a seperate battery pack which was included with the bulletcam kit. I'll make a picture of my kit in a few days and post some links of the videos made with the setup

so you're saying that 8 gb CF cards are supported. nice.
I'd like to know if I can also use SDHC cards in the Neuros mpeg4 recorder
I'm already using the latest firmware.
Ex-Navy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »

Very coooooool setup!!!!!!

Ex-Navy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: