July 25, 2017, 03:44:46 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bug Reporting  (Read 8633 times)
cyrano

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:44:49 pm »

I'm trying to find a place on this site for reporting bugs. I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, so sorry if this is improperly placed. I have been happily recording/archiving hours of family videos onto a USB hard drive (FAT32 format). Today I suddenly received an error message stating that I could not record and should report the error as "BUG 8:42-1". Not sure what that means or if there is a fix for this, but I hope someone can help. Thanks.
greyback
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:03:33 am »

Hey,
You can log bugs in Neuros' Bugzilla.

Your particular bug has already been found: Bug 2991, and appears to still exist in the 3.33-1.xx firmware. Also please try the suggestion in this post:
http://forums.neurostechnology.com/index.php?topic=8769.msg46897#msg46897

As I hope you are aware, there are large changes coming soon in the OSD's firmware. The new series of releases (3.33-2.xx - codenamed Arizona) appear not to exhibit this bug. Upgrading will soon be highly recommended. More details here:
http://open.neurostechnology.com/content/arizona
-G
Caterpillar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 06:00:08 am »

Ok so the better way to report bugs is to use bugzilla, right?
greyback
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 06:09:25 am »

Yes, the Neuros engineers rarely hang out here. Moderators here often submit bugs reported here to Bugzilla so they won't be ignored. But we encourage everyone to do it for themselves!
-G
Caterpillar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:44:37 am »

Yes, the Neuros engineers rarely hang out here. Moderators here often submit bugs reported here to Bugzilla so they won't be ignored. But we encourage everyone to do it for themselves!
-G
ok I'll do it! I suggest you to write a sticky topic to make people know that they must report bugs through bugzilla
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 08:25:06 am »

Good idea!

Done.  Tongue
braindelay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 03:08:57 pm »

In all honesty, is there any point in raising bugs in bugzilla?

I've raised some pretty significant bugs over the last year, and only one has been fixed; two of these are serious enough to render the OSD useless as a music player.

Is any effort being made to correct issues in the OSD, or is all the work being done on the OSD2 and the link?
Caterpillar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:04:45 am »

Is any effort being made to correct issues in the OSD, or is all the work being done on the OSD2 and the link?
Sometimes I ask this to myself too
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: