July 27, 2017, 05:32:51 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: OSD-ng/2/HD  (Read 5297 times)
guppy

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 03:31:16 am »

I'm really loving my OSD ( just make with .srt subtitle support already Wink ) - on a 28" TV there is not really any visual problems. However we are currently looking at a new house with a much larger living room - this naturally means I've no choice but to get a 52" TV  Wink However this has lead me to some concern about just how bad the OSD's low resolution will look ( try playing the original C&C/dune/Civilization on a modern monitor, you will see what I mean ).

Looking around the site I found mention of a new version of the OSD - even some very nice looking specs and estimated prices - which seems to suggest that the product might not be so very far off.

So are you willing to give a cautious estimate of when it will hit the market? ie - this fall/this christmas/spring next year/ summer next year..
Just so I know whether to shop around for a temporary solution while Im waiting  Grin
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:03:35 am »

Sorry for the slow response, it wasn't deliberate.  We're releasing developer samples mid July, but it probably won't be a real consumer product until Q4.  The hardware won't change, but the software will certainly change dramatically over time.

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
fallenczar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »

Hi Joe,
i too am ,like the previous poster, in the market for a "Neuros OSD" like device.
i have currently shortlisted this device .http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx and would like to know how would the OSD 2 fare against this device viz audio and video playback
(Video Format : .mkv, .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .iso .vob, .ifo, .mp4, .asf, .tp, .trp, .ts, .m2ts, .mov(H.264)
Codec : MPEG 1 / 2 / 4, AVI, XVID, WMV9(MP@HL), H.264(BP@L3, MP@4.0 and HP@4.0) , AVC(HD) , VC-1(MP@HL, AP@L3)
Resolutions up to 1920*1080P
Audio   MP3, WMA, AAC, Ogg, PCM, M4A(lossless not support), AC3,FLAC, WAV

The other questions that i have are
1)will it be running a full linux distro?
2)what will be the size of the OSD 2 vs OSD
3)Any plans for having a slim version without space for HDD
4)When will the gamma sale start?
greyback
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 06:22:11 am »

Link to OSD2 specs:
http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/OSD2.0_HD_Specifications

• up to 720p/XGA (1024x768) MPEG4 encoding + AAC/AC3/MP3 encoding
  • up to D1(720x480) H.264 encoding + AAC/AC3/MP3 encoding
  • 720P MPEG4 SP playback, up to 1080i with certain content
  • Support H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV codec playback with upscaling (DivX/XviD as phase two SW integration)

OSD2 will most likely be running Angstrom, a linux distro based on the OpenEmbedded build system.

It is hard to compare these two devices when the OSD2 is still in development (although the codec abilities for the OSD2 are pretty much on spec).
-G
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: