September 24, 2017, 09:41:25 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Use as a DVR  (Read 2374 times)
dfripp

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:05:02 am »

Hi.  I am trying to find a DVR to record from CCTV cameras on a randomized schedule.  That means I want to be able to put in the times to record, in a way that changes daily (and from week to week) and is in about 15 min increments.  I have not been able to tell from the information on the website whether the Neuros would work for this.  Can you tell me if it will do this and whether it is possible to connect CCTV cameras to this device?

Thanks,
Deborah Fripp
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:34:56 am »

The recording schedule is held in a text file, so you could write a script that generates a random entry into the recording table.

As for attaching CCTV cameras to the OSD, do they have composite or S-Video output and their own switch?  If so, the OSD will work great for your application.  However, the OSD would not be able to cycle the cameras/take multiple inputs.
dfripp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:49:08 am »

Thanks!

Can you use these in a time-lapse mode?  That would mean changing the fps.  Is that easy?

dfripp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 08:58:07 am »

One more question.  I assume I could plug a microphone into the RCA inputs and record sound with my cameras.  What's the audio sampling rate?

Thanks!
Deborah
budwzr
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:15:10 am »

It is illegal to record sound in a public venue, be careful on this. Also, the camera(s) cannot be directed at open windows and other places where a right to privacy exists.

One more question.  I assume I could plug a microphone into the RCA inputs and record sound with my cameras.  What's the audio sampling rate?

Thanks!
Deborah
dfripp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:26:06 am »

Don't worry - I'm going to be recording animals.  I'm a zoologist.  Cool
dfripp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 01:46:35 pm »

I just realized I had one more question.  Can this put a time-stamp on recordings?

Thanks!
Deborah
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 03:23:29 pm »

You're the second person to ask about time stamps.

Unfortunately, the only time-stamp that the OSD makes is the one on the file.  A video overlay or SMPTE code aren't available.

A standard video overlay might be possible, though.  Put it in bugzilla and vote for it, unless you feel comfortable adding it yourself.
thejeckle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 05:16:02 pm »

I just stumbled across this post and thought I would throw some light on this subject in case someone else is looking for a similar solution. If you have a several cameras that you need to capture and record images from at only certain times your best bet is to go for a CCTV Recorder which supports recording schedules like those supplied by DTS Digital. Setting a recording schedule ensures that the unit only records the cameras you want when you want. A typical recording schedule will be set out like the one below;

This is the firmware for a Hikvision unit and they manufacturer many of the DVRs distributed by companies all over Europe and the US. This is for a standard resolution recorder but you can set a schedule on most recorders in the market such as NVR or HD coax units. The image shows the days and the times and each blue square donates an hour of time so from this you can probably see how you would go about setting up a recording schedule for your system. You could possibly do it with the Neuros OSD but with security based recorders you can introduce up to 128 cameras and providing your hard drive has sufficient storage you can record all of them based on your schedule settings.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: