March 25, 2017, 04:53:09 am
News:
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros Link Restore Procedures  (Read 20937 times)
infrared

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 09:58:37 pm »

Net Neutrality getting to us faster then we think Sad
DrSlump

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 10:11:45 pm »

Ok, very odd.  I'll talk to jsdf (Jason) while I am in chicago the rest of this week and see what we can do.  Usually my host isn't slow at all.  I get about 1.2MB/s.  Will talk to him as well.

I know we just got introuble with upstream cause we left a backup script on after i copied the repo's etc to the server and the backup script was doing about 16GB a day.. maybe they are throtteling us.

I had trouble pulling the image down two nights ago - comcast cable, ~25-50kbps
sundevil98

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 12:37:49 pm »

I'm trying to restore my USB stick, and am having problems.

The reason for me trying to restore the USB stick is because I tried updating the Flash drivers (had problems watching CBS in full screen mode).  I was unable to update successfully, and was having more problems after trying to update (problems include boot issues, and random crashes of the box).

I was able to download the Neuros 1.1 image with no problem, and was able to start the restore procedure as stated above... However, after starting the selfimage, it seemed to lock up during transfer of the files...  I can't remember the error that was given, but it basically said that it couldn't write files to the disk (USB stick).

I closed the selfimage utility, removed the USB stick, restarted windows, and put the USB stick back in.  I re-started the selfimage utility, and this time, when I chose the disk to write two, there were 3 options (as before).  The one that was used the first time (was 3.7ish GB first time) was now (0 bytes).  I shut down the selfimage utility, and removed the USB drive. 

I plugged the USB drive back in, and windows (Vista) said that the drive needed to be formatted.  So, I formatted the drive (NTFS).  However, Windows is only seeing 211MB space available on the USB stick.  (21.9 MB are used space).

I tried re-formatting the drive again, but no luck, it only sees 211 MB of free space.

Do I have a FUBAR USB drive, or am I missing something here?

[update]  I went out and bought a new USB drive (8GB if it matters)... I'm having no problems now getting the Link image to upload onto the new stick.  I think the USB stick I had was defective in some way.  I'm going to see if I have any problems now with installing updates on the Link. [/update]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 05:45:11 pm by sundevil98 » Logged
fishie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 11:02:27 pm »

i think mine may be bad as well. i had to restore it three times now.  one after a failed upgrade and the other two times i had a corrupt filesystem and had to fsck it.
crweb
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 11:52:32 pm »

i think mine may be bad as well. i had to restore it three times now.  one after a failed upgrade and the other two times i had a corrupt filesystem and had to fsck it.

We are working very hard to fix these filesystem corruption issues. A new release will be available as soon as possible that should address even more corruption problems!

Tom
sundevil98

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 02:53:51 am »

After using the new USB stick, I was able to do a full update with no  issues.
bedge

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 03:07:38 am »

Looks like this is working... One caveat:

Ubuntu likes to automount new partitions that show up, so after the sfdisk command, it was cancelling out (since partimage couldnt get access to the device). Running the commands one at a time and unmounting the partitions before partimage appears to have worked... (still restoring).

Thanks!

- Charles

Here's a fix to stop Ubuntu's HAL from automounting a specific device so you don't change the dunctionality for everything else.
Put this file in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/no_mount_neuros
------cut here------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->
<!--
   The following prevents any "Crucial" storage devices from being automounted. (Bruce Edge)
-->
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
      <match key="storage.vendor" string="Crucial">
        <merge key="storage.automount_enabled_hint" type="bool">false</merge>
      </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

------cut here------
Replace the "Crucial" if you ended up with a different vendor's device.
You can use hal-device to see what your vendor string is.

-Bruce
crweb
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 11:38:11 am »

NeurosLink Firmware version 1.2 has been released.

http://us.archive.neuros.tv/images/neuros-link/1.2/Changes

You can download it now in the main thread message.  If you can spare bandwidth please help us by using bittorrent!  We really need the help on bandwidth.  After the download is complete leave bittorrent open and seed for us for a few days so we can handle the load!

Thanks,
    Tom
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:50:55 am by crweb » Logged
cfranzen

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 09:54:42 am »

Okay.. I have followed the restore procedure like before using the "DD" method and its not working. The USB drive appears unreadable when finished.... What am I doing wrong.
crweb
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 10:33:14 am »

Please check your md5sums if you can:

http://us.archive.neuros.tv/images/neuros-link/current/full/md5sums.txt
http://us.archive.neuros.tv/images/neuros-link/current/partimage/md5sums.txt
cfranzen

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 10:06:58 am »

Thanks... it was a bad image
popnfresh

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:44 am »

This may be a dumb question, but can I clone the neuroslink image to an SATA drive to boot from internally instead of cloning it to a USB flash drive?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 11:32:45 am »

There is a thread on doing just that in the forums!

http://forums.neurostechnology.com/index.php?topic=9656.0
crweb
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 11:35:54 am »

This may be a dumb question, but can I clone the neuroslink image to an SATA drive to boot from internally instead of cloning it to a USB flash drive?

Yes infact you can.  After you have cloned it to the Sata drive boot to it and do:

sudo apt-get install gparted

Then run gparted and you can resize the 2nd partition (3.5gb) to any size you want!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: