October 22, 2017, 03:04:01 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone know if www.firstonmars.com works???  (Read 5812 times)
cfranzen

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:23:34 am »

I am expecting my link in a couple days and firstonmars.com has a great web implentation for searching shows. It would actually be nice if neuros.tv moved in the direction they have. Anyway, just checking thanks.

Love the products.
sundevil98

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 01:07:25 pm »

Cool site!

If no one else does, I will try to check it out on the link when I get home...

I don't see why most of it wouldn't work...  Looks like it's just streaming through hulu.com and other providers that do work on the Link.  I know ABC.com shows won't work, among a few others. 
cfranzen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 01:21:19 pm »

Yea, I really like their implementation. The only thing that site lacks is a search box. It would be nice to have neuros.tv collaborate with them since their implentation already works pretty well from what I can see. Maybe get some kind of API so neuros.tv would link with that site and also provide the same search functionality.
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:06:46 pm »

seems to work fine here, I played an ice trucker video from the History channel anyway.

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
sundevil98

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »

Worked for me last night as well... Again, I tried an ABC show, and it didn't work, but no real surprises there.

I like how their layout is.  I wish you could combine some aspects of how they arrange shows (with favorite shows, stations, etc.) and once you pick your show, you could further narrow your selection by season (like the Neuros.tv site does).  The info on each show was rather hard to read in the icons, so that could be improved upon, but other than that, they have a very nice presentation that I like.

Ideally, I'd like to see a combination of hulu, Neuros.tv, and that life on mars site for picking shows to watch.

So far, I'm not really sure what use the neuros.tv site has.... Seems like since we're registering, and logging in, some settings, preferences, etc. should be saved for the next time we log in.  I can only assume that some things are being worked on, and will be implemented later.  For now, I don't get too much use out of the neuros.tv site, it's almost easier just to point my LINK to hulu.com and watch what I want to watch there.
jsdf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 12:27:04 pm »

Great feedback everyone.  We are definitely pushing hard to get to something between Hulu, firstonmars, and the current Neuros.TV.
If you are interested in reviewing wireframes with us, please send me a private message; we'd love to get you involved and get your feedback.
viamptor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 07:02:04 pm »

Anyone tried setting their user agent to win xp with firefox to get abc to work??
infrared

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 08:57:35 am »

viamptor,
It is not a user agent restriction. Linux does not have very good support for the DRM that some video steaming sites use.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: