July 22, 2017, 05:35:27 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: LINK repositories: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK  (Read 6183 times)
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:36:55 pm »

I posted a page on the wikis regarding the repositories:

http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/LINK_repositories

we'd love to have others testing the test repo, its what I'm using and has the latest ATI driver, which seems a significant improvement to me.

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
ncfoster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:54:35 pm »

You've previously pointed me to the test repo for the newer ATI drivers, but there was one question that I forgot to ask.  When you add the test repo, can/should you disable the main repo?  In other words, are they redundant33, supplementary, etc.?  Thanks.
JawsThemeSwimming428

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:15:56 pm »

Dumb question but are the Link's set up with a main repo? And is this how updates will be done now (I am on the 1.2 firmware).
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 12:57:32 am »

yes, the link is automatically setup with the main repo, and no you don't have to disable it when using the test one.

#neuros on freenode.net
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:11:35 am »

You've previously pointed me to the test repo for the newer ATI drivers, but there was one question that I forgot to ask.  When you add the test repo, can/should you disable the main repo?  In other words, are they redundant33, supplementary, etc.?  Thanks.

no, leave the main repo, you are supposed to have both listed.

#neuros on freenode.net
thebeancounter41

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 12:14:32 pm »

I added the test repo and updated my system and it looks like I finally might have the point and click media center I was looking for.The version of XBMC in the test repo seems to work a lot better than the one in the PPA's.It still crashes if I try to browse photos, but at least now I can access my playon media server and my netflix queue.Hulu however, seems to have disabled access via either playon or XBMC as it simply refuses to load ANYTHING from the hulu folder.
MY HDMI audio is also back since I added the test repo.I'm thinking that the ati driver in this repo is what made the difference in how XBMC ran.It would only crash when trying to load a video file so I figured perhaps the graphics driver I had was the core of the trouble, rather than XBMC itself.
  At any rate, my system with current updates from your testing repo, is giving me the "out of the box" tivo-like experience that I have been trying to find in a pc based media center for quite some time.Of course,I've only had it up and running for a few hours, only time will tell if it remains stable and trouble free.The OS shipped with my unit ran ok out of the box when I first got it too, but started having fits within 24 hours.

Overall kudos to all of you who have worked so hard to get the bugs out of the software and keep working to improve it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: