October 22, 2017, 03:00:06 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MyNeuros  (Read 4701 times)
empyrean

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:52:29 pm »

In the list of programs available on Neuros, what might be nice is a "MyNeuros" at the top, above the letter "A."  In MyNeuros, of course, would be a list of my programs and/or favorite websites.

Also, not a biggie here, but upon registration, if a zip code was requested, then once Neuros popped up, the weather for that user could be posted in the right hand corner.  A clock might be nice, too.

Finally, a customizable skin for the background of the Neuros page would be slick, but hey, that's pushing it.

fyi

psm

Thought   Passion   Action
JawsThemeSwimming428

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:44 pm »

In the list of programs available on Neuros, what might be nice is a "MyNeuros" at the top, above the letter "A."  In MyNeuros, of course, would be a list of my programs and/or favorite websites.

Also, not a biggie here, but upon registration, if a zip code was requested, then once Neuros popped up, the weather for that user could be posted in the right hand corner.  A clock might be nice, too.

Finally, a customizable skin for the background of the Neuros page would be slick, but hey, that's pushing it.

fyi

psm

I think the MyNeuros suggestion is an excellent idea. Being able to have a place for a list of shows you like and not having to perform a search every time would be very useful for a number of users. Also, the clock and weather suggestions would be a nice added bonus as well. Any thoughts on this from the Neuros team?
FJ
Neuros Team
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:50:34 pm »

The team is working on it, we call it MyShow for now.

Edit: it will be better with the roadmap link:
http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/Neuros.TV
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 06:53:46 pm by FJ » Logged

FJ
JawsThemeSwimming428

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 09:50:03 pm »

Thanks for the link. First time I saw that Roadmap page. Lots of interesting ideas on the horizon...can't wait!
bagster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 07:43:38 am »

The way I saw the link (for my usage) is a replacement for many things in the house.

1- It will replace my good old OSD (I'm working on getting my tv tuner to work nicely on it, when it will be complete I'll let you know) --MythTV
2- Replace my dvd player --MythTV
3- Replace my AppleTV (hard to do, because I have 2 AppleTV ad I wan't to maintain my iTunes library...) --xbmc
4- Get tv with antenna (my room TV don't have a Tuner, I will use my tv tuner to get hd signal on it)
5- Have widgets showing temperature/mails.
6- Maybe use the svga port as a 2nd display to use it as a pictureframe/dashboard.  I'll buy a cheap lcd. (have to test is we can use boths ports on the Link simultanously)
7- Maybe play simple games (can someone start a project to get a list of working flash games on the link?)

That's it for now.  The perfect UI for that may be a dashboard with my widgets, and 4 "launchers" for other stuff (I chose 4 because I have a project in mind for controlling the link, and 4 is a good choice).  How about running something lighttpd on my link, and putting this stuff in it?  That may also prevent the error of page inacessible when I boot up my link (network don't go up enough fast).  Or maybe simply use a local file with a timeout and a redir on app.neuros.tv?  Have to work on it after I got my slim dvd installed.
jsdf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:38:11 am »

Bagster,
Your "launcher" idea is exactly what crweb and srobertson are working on today.  Great minds think alike. Smiley
bagster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 09:32:12 am »

Great!
Tell me if you need someone to test.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: