October 22, 2017, 03:11:08 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Social Networking Ten Foot UI  (Read 4190 times)
infrared

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:05:32 am »

I started a project on facebook called tenfootui. Ctrl-+ just makes it worse when on facebook, myspace or really any site that has multiple page sections and small fonts/graphics... Suggestions are welcome as well as help for this project. I have a hosted server with the facebook api installed and ready to go. PM me for details.
mammlouk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:52:03 am »

What exactly is this project?  Are you building a interface website that will use the facebook API in an attempt to get at least the more important parts of facebook into something that is bigscreen friendly?  It is an interesting idea for sure.  I'd be curious to see what you're working on/with.  I've spent some time doing PHP based web development nad have worked on some facebook applications as well. 

Please let me know how I can get into this more as well as what sort of goals you have.  You can find me on facebook, my name is Jeremy Coleman,
jsdf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:39:12 am »

Have you seen the Mobile Facebook site?  Probably a lot of good UI decisions made there to pull from.
m.facebook.com
Looks sparse on a PC, but great on my Android phone.
infrared

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:49 am »

jsdf, mammlouk,
sorry I haven't been able to start on this project yet I will look into the mobile app as a starting ground thanks. The more important parts is what I am after but more stuff will be added if more interest follows.
infrared

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:11:56 pm »

mammlouk,
There is three pages of Jeremy Coleman. Can you PM me your email address and I will add you as a friend on facebook. The App will be hosted at (initially) www.myjanky.com/tenfootui Currently it is hosting sample facebook connect code and I am doing clean up on the server so we have a dev enviro and a production enviro.

My liame is wheeler (dot) larry at gmail (dot) com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: