October 22, 2017, 03:10:23 am
News:
Poll
Question: What two options do you want to see the most on Neuros.TV?
Revise show results to focus more on seasons/episodes instead of on videos
"My Shows" functionality to let you track shows that you like for new releases
Automatic fullscreen for Flash videos when you click on a link
Navigate Neuros.TV and other websites with only your keyboard's arrow keys (no mouse required, except to play Flash video, which would require a mouse click)
Add shows that aren't currently playable on the LINK (e.g. Lost) via other providers (e.g. Megavideo.com)
Other (post to comments below)

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Poll: What do you want to see the most on Neuros.TV?  (Read 8594 times)
jsdf

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:28:07 am »

We would love your feedback on where to go with Neuros.TV!  Please take the poll and vote for what you would like to see next on Neuros.TV development.  If you have questions about what these options mean, please post here.
For reference, much of these ideas are detailed here: http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/Neuros.TV

Thanks!
jsdf
flinkisme

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:32:59 am »

I went with the episode/series tracking and auto-full screen.

I'm looking to make it easier for my wife to use. Choosing between auto-full-screen and My Shows was a hard choice.
jsdf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:56:22 am »

For me, they are all tough choices.
That's why I threw the question out to you all. Smiley
FJ
Neuros Team
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:02 am »

Automatic fullscreen and more focus on season/episodes
Having the video default to fullscreen right away would make the experience even better. I also like having shows organized by season/episodes, it is really the easiest way to browse/find what you want.

For content I am not sure where to find, I would also love to be able to do some channel browsing (NBC, History Channel, Discovery Channel, ...)

FJ
acarr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:05:33 pm »

I don't presently use neuros.tv at all, but I would like to have auto-fullscreen work for shows which are directly on the network's website.

I am not able to use the bulk of feeds in the links provided, as I am in Canada. I get what I want as local video and through the website directly. My wife finds it more convenient and positive to wait for a torrent file than watch online, largely because of the full-screen flipping between show segments for a commercial and not flipping back to full screen on entry to the next show segment.

I agree with her, frankly, so we primarily use the Link for locally stored video.

The ability to have a tracking system for what episode we have watched would be convenient, too.

gorkon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:01:19 pm »

Purge the shows that are posted on Youtube.  Most of them have already been taken down.  I can't spend a lot of time to help tag every single one of these I come across and there are alot of them.

Also, if one episode is on Hulu, try and put every episode that is on Hulu on it too.  An example of this is the A-Team.  Almost every episode is on Hulu and yet the Neuros.tv service only shows to episode 7 of season 1 on Hulu and the rest on Amazon.  ALL of the A-team is on Hulu.  Every episode.

Lastly, it would be nice to have links right to the websites supported by Neuros.tv.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 01:40:26 am »

I've not used my LINK for streaming video in a bit, so I'm not sure what all has been changed, but my biggest complaint was that I'd have to sift through 4-5 copies of each episode in a series (Fancast, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) to get to the next episode...

A smarter list with collapsible/expandable episodes would be nice.  So I can go down to "Firefly, Season 1" expand it and see the episodes, then "Episode 4: Captain Tightpants Punches Somebody." and expand that, and see that its available on Hulu and Fancast and choose one from there.
JawsThemeSwimming428

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 07:22:00 pm »

I've not used my LINK for streaming video in a bit, so I'm not sure what all has been changed, but my biggest complaint was that I'd have to sift through 4-5 copies of each episode in a series (Fancast, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) to get to the next episode...

A smarter list with collapsible/expandable episodes would be nice.  So I can go down to "Firefly, Season 1" expand it and see the episodes, then "Episode 4: Captain Tightpants Punches Somebody." and expand that, and see that its available on Hulu and Fancast and choose one from there.

Agreed, I like that idea. That would make it a much more compact and clear interface.
gorkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:10:16 am »

You know what I would like to see??  A opening of the neuros.tv code and a way for php jocks to submit enhancements.  Is it already open??  If so, can I get the code from somewhere??
StewPierce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 05:13:38 pm »

First & foremost, let's remember the mission as I understand it:  To make internet-provided living-room entertainment a breeze.  To me this means largely focusing on delivering high-quality popular relevant content in a most user-friendly, accessible & therefore quick way.  Litmus test: 9 times out of 10 can you find something thoroughly entertaining for yourself & others within less than 2 minutes.

FOCUS ON THIS:
1/ Shows currently airing on broadcast & major cable networks - No top show should not be available (unless it simply is not on the internet).
2/ AFI (American Film Institute) top all-time movies, Oscar/Golden Globe winners, Top grossing, Sundance/Tribecca winners, Top 10 Categories (Thrillers, Comedy, Dramas, etc.) - Even if it is pay, get us to the good stuff easily
3/ Hidden gems - Make Neuros TV special by highlighting special gems that are great but may not have been popularized (i.e. The Riches, Kitchen Confidential, Best TV of the 70s, 80s, 90s etc.)
4/ Crazy friendly search - Give more than expected, not just bare bones.  Episode details, factoids, etc. - Should be as easy as Hulu/Boxee/TV Guide
5/ Add My Shows - that make our faves accessible to us.

The overarching goal is to have desired content readily available so that the decision cycle is fast - very fast and fulfilling - very fulfiiling.

When we want obscure Canadian television, pro-polygamy documentaries or mid-'70's indie flicks, we will invest the time to find them (and then add them to MyShows).  Until the 5 focus points are achieved par excellence, don't worry about this niche stuff.  We can & will find programs for our special interests all by ourselves for the time being.  Go full force after the first tier user-interface so that Neuros is not only easy for us but also impressive (speed, content, style) to friends & family.  Help us get others to buy-in.

Also, I saw something floating around about Twitter.  My $.02, don't worry about it for now.  Link's mission is to  make internet-provided entertainment simple for living room enjoyment.  Pizza just arrived; I want a great program on the TV in less than a minute and a half.  Twitter does not fit naturally in this equation.

Keep up the great work.  It is much appreciated.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: